11/12/2017

Full House at AAA Conference



The first day of presentations is almost over and the AAA conference is off to another great start.  I left the conference a bit early to post and then visit the Impressionist/Modern/Contemporary exhibition at Christies.  From what I hear the lines are long to get in.

Unfortunately I was not able to attend art law day, but all of the feedback I heard is that it was an excellent day of presentations and useful content.

The crowd at the AAA conference is large and  and the presentations excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed this morning's Judd Tully keynote and the following panel with Evan Beard of US Trust and Anders Petterson of Art Tactic.


We had a great dinner on Saturday evening with Linda Selvin, ED of AAA along with other AAA leadership and a few members of the ISA leadership team attending the conference. The food was great and the atmosphere and company was excellent.

The 9th floor lounge of the New York Athletic Club was full, and staff kept bringing extra chairs in. The vendor room was also full and I spent some time talking with Eric Kahan of Collector Systems and Mark Bench of Borro.

I am looking forward to the Monday presentation on the Kollsman case.  Overall I am having a great time seeing many appraisal friends, great presentations and taking advantage of what NYC has to offer in food and culture.





No comments: