11/13/2019

AAA Art Law Day


Just back from a great visit to NYC and AAA/Art Law Day. I had a great time between the pretensions, programs and events as well as visiting the Impressionist/Modern/Post War/Contemporary sale previews. Saw some friends and business associates I have not seen in some time, and had some great meals.

Art Law Day was to a full house, I enjoyed all of the presentations(which for me is unusual) and I learned much. Even though the presentation hall was full, I was surprised that I did not see more appraisers that I knew.

There were some interesting discussions on the state of the market, how many of the new tech firms getting into the art market only have about a year to establish, succeed or fail, some very interesting presentations on reparations, as well as the intersection of finance and art. Some of the topics dont apply directly to my appraisal practice, but I always enjoy learning more and understanding the growth of art and technology and finance.

I highly recommend appraiser to start planning to attend next years sessions. A big shout out to all AAA staff in running such an excellent event.







No comments: